Sunday, January 30, 2011

Whimsical Saturday at Anthropologie

Yesterday, I had a great day shopping at Anthropologie. They were playing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" when I entered, and it put me in a whimsical mood; I picked up a lot of pieces that I wouldn't normally go for, but I think the dash of whimsy paid off.

Here are some dressing room iPhone pics (sorry for the blurriness!).


Delicate Corps Blouse in Gold and Runny Yoke Skirt:
This is slim-cut, so I think if I purchase it, I will go for a size up (notice the gaping), but overall I like the quirky color and I think the silkiness adds femininity to the button-down look. It's a little sheer, but I have a nude tank top at home that I can wear under it (and obviously no black bra!). I really like the Runny Yoke Skirt--It's difficult to see in the photo, but there is some asymmetrical detailing below the waist that adds a little flair to an otherwise basic skirt. And it's a great length--long enough for work, but short enough to inject a youthful feel.


Graceful Drape Top:
This top is very cool! Love it!



Chiffon Swing Shirt:
This top didn't receive great reviews on anthropolgie.com because it is a lot shorter than one would expect a shirt to be these days! However, with the Runny Yoke Skirt (which has a medium to high rise), I really liked it. I like the pink (which is more of a dusty rose) color.Network Dress:
Bright tomato red is a rather bold color for a knit dress, but the detailing along the bust is so lovely with this dress, that a little extra attention might not hurt! But, I definitely couldn't wear this to the office.

River Bends Tunic and Daughters of the Liberation Slim Straight Denim:
These ankle-length pants are really cool with the darting near the front pockets. I am definitely going to get the River Bends tunic, but not sure which color...on anthropolgie.com they also have beige, pink and moss...I am leaning toward the moss because I don't have a lot of green in my wardrobe and I like the muted shade of the moss.
So, I think I will go back to anthro next weekend and pick up a few of these! As for the rest of this weekend, I am going to see The King's Speech later on today; hope it is good as everyone is saying! I have always loved Colin Firth and it's great that he is getting the recognition that his talents deserve with this role.

No comments:

Post a Comment