Monday, January 24, 2011

J. Crew's Double Serge Pencil Skirt

J. Crew Serge Pencil Skirt
 
I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I used Saturday to catch up on sleep and Sunday to do errands, so nothing exciting here.  Why does the weekend always fly by so fast?!?!  I wanted to sneak some shopping in, but it was so cold out, the walk to the mall didn't seem worth it.
 
I'm loving my J. Crew Double Serge Black Pencil Skirt.  It's definitely work only; there's no romance to it, but it's so easy to look put together.  Here are two looks:
 
#1 I got this cardigan during one of Ann Taylor's 40% off everything in the store days.  I was originally thinking about wearing it with black leggings, but since it doesn't completely cover the bottom, I decided against it.  I think it looks very librarian-chic paired with a pencil skirt and white button down.
 

 
 
 
These knee-high black leather boots are from Cole Haan
 
 
#2 I love how this skirt looks with a black cami and Antho's Postcard cardigan from last fall.  I wore it with black hose and pumps--but thinking it would look more au courant with black tights and my booties.
 
 


I bought Anthro's postcard cardigan online last fall...because of the 5-star reviews!  I am a total sucker for the reviews.  I love how Anthro publishes them, and if I see something that is so highly rated, I give it a second look, even if it's not something I would normally try.




The cardigan is super soft, flattering, and the best part about this outfit is that it's super comfy!  Score! 

Hope everyone's week if off to a nice start.

xoxo,
Lynne

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynne, Those outfits looks great! That skirt is really cute, and I think those Cole Haan boots look amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete