Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jess's New Year's Resolutions

Hello!

Yes, welcome to Lynne & Jess Get Dressed! My #1 resolution this year is to start being more mindful of my work wardrobe. When I started my career after college, I didn't have much expendable income, and I just didn't realize how much one's appearance/wardrobe affects people's perceptions. In fact, I thought dressing more on the plain side might make people think better of me since it was clear that I wasn't vain or superficial.

But, now the day has come when I realize that I was incorrect in my thinking, and I am worried that in actuality I have been coming off as careless and not well put-together. So, this year, I am going to pull my appearance together from head-to-toe and start assembling a functional and pretty work wardrobe.

My #2 resolution is to start actually using my gym membership! My goal is to go to the gym at least three times a week -- yoga twice a week and dance once a week. I love the stress release that exercise brings and I think feeling better will also help with looking better!

So, here's to wonderful and successful 2011! What are you resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment