Thursday, January 6, 2011

Express Sale - New Tops

Anyone who has ever shopped at Express knows--it almost feels like a crime to spend money there when they aren't having a huge sale, or if you don't have an amazing coupon card like $25 off your $75 purchase.

Luckily, I recently made an online purchase of a bunch of new work-wear tops--not only did I get 30% off, but I was also able to use my coupon card.

Here are some of my purchases:

Item #1: Embellished Pleated-Sleeve Tank

I love this top! It's actually more pink than it appears in the photo, but I like the fact that it looks dressy, work-appropriate and feminine. I think I will pair it with black pants and a black cardigan.

Item #2: Banded-Bottom Drape-Neck Top

This top comes in a variety of colors--I purchased mine in Ivory. I think it looks great the way they styled it on Express.com. I liked the way it looked when I took it out of the package, but the only issue is that I think it adds a few (or maybe 10-15) pounds. Maybe it's partially due to the color choice, but I am thinking of returning it.

Item #3: Floral Drape-Neck Top

ind this top really figure-flattering and love how feminine it is. However, my husband made me kind of paranoid, because when I showed him the pic on Express.com, he didn't like it (he dislikes pink and flowered clothing). When I tried it on for him, he changed his mind, but is it too girlie to wear to work?

Item #4 - Lace & Ruffle Sleeve Top

This top runs very small, so the one I got is way to tight to wear to work at this point. I might even exchange it 2 sizes up! I really love it though! The lace is a little on the sexy-side, but I think with a cardigan over it, it will still be work-appropriate. Alternately, I might exchange it for the black color and just keep it as a night-out top! By the way, my husband LOVES this one!

Item #5 - Twisted-Front Top

Even though I am concentrating my efforts and budget on my work-wardrobe, I couldn't help buy a little something for fun, especially considering the huge sale Express.com was having. I am thrilled with this top! It's comfortable, simple, flattering and sexy without being over-the-top.

1 comment: